Coconino County Attorney Bill Ring says he won't seek reelection next year, but he isn't ruling out a run for another political office.
The Verde Valley Fire District’s swift-water team, along with the Sedona Fire and Copper Canyon districts, rescued four people from atop a vehicle in the roaring Oak Creek last week at Mormon Crossing in Cornville.
At least three people were found dead this week after their vehicles were swept away by floodwaters in Arizona, authorities said.
A man in Verde Lakes was trying to avoid arrest when police said he dove into the flooded waters of Clear Creek and had to be rescued by swift-water rescue crews on March 22, according to the Camp Verde Marshal’s Office.
The abundance of rain and snow this winter and early spring, which in many ways is welcome following years of drought, has created ideal conditions for worn pavement and potholes.
On Feb. 28, the Coconino County Board of Supervisors (Board) held a public hearing for the County’s proposed short-term rental ordinance.
PRESCOTT, Ariz. (AP) — The Arizona Supreme Court has ruled that all cases currently assigned to a Yavapai County Superior Court judge recently arrested on suspicion of extreme DUI will be reassigned to other judges.
Supreme Court justices pressed government attorneys March 20 on their argument that the treaties that put the Navajo on reservation lands implied an intent – but not a duty – for the government to provide water to the tribe.
States that rely on water from the over-tapped Colorado River want the U.S. Supreme Court to block a lawsuit from the Navajo Nation that could upend how water is shared in the Western U.S.
Wildlife officials said they are searching for a mountain lion that clawed a man’s head while he was sitting in a hot tub with his wife at a rental home in central Colorado.
President Joe Biden said March 21 he is establishing national monuments on more than half a million acres in Nevada and Texas and creating a marine sanctuary in U.S. waters near the Pacific Remote Islands southwest of Hawaii.
On March 7, a Yellowstone National Park wildlife biologist on a radio telemetry flight observed the first grizzly bear of 2023 to emerge from hibernation.
The Coconino County Public Works Department, in conjunction with the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office and the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office, has closed Stoneman Lake Road between I-17 and Lake Mary Road due to running water and very muddy conditions from recent rain and snow melt.
Some residents of north-central Arizona were told to prepare to evacuate Tuesday afternoon because of rising water levels in rivers and basins.
The Coconino County Sheriff's Office has received several concerns from citizens reporting an apparent phone scam with the caller identified as “Captain Smith” of the Coconino County Sheriff's Office. The Sheriff’s Office does not employee a “Captain Smith."
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Arizona governor Katie Hobbs vetoes bill eliminating tax on rentals
- The winter that won't quit
- Havasupai campground evacuated after destructive floods
- Residents discuss rumors of new Autocamp site at City Council meeting
- City of Williams deals with aftermath of historic winter
- Williams Police report rash of vehicle burglaries
- Campers and pets rescued at Dogtown Campground
- All in the family: Deanna Plasencia is the new owner of the Red Raven
- Winter rainfall triggers flooding in Williams and Verde Valley
- Grand Canyon National Park trails, viewing areas closed due to hazardous conditions