The Emperor Waltz was being shown at the Sultana Theatre in Williams in this 1940's photo.
An early gas station after a snowfall on Historic Route 66 in 1936.
Geologist, writer and river guide Wayne Ranney shares the following story he wrote in 2016 on the 50th anniversary of the 1966 Grand Canyon flood. This month marks 55 years since the flood roared through the Canyon
The Grand Canyon airport near Tusayan, Arizona.
The site is anticipated to open in 2022 with the start of a U.S. Forest Service “Passport in Time” program, where the general public can sign up to be volunteer tour guides at the site.
On the morning of June 30, 1956, two airliners took off from Los Angeles International Airport, both aircraft were modern airliners for the time, and flown by experienced crew. But neither would make it to their destination.
Students lead a parade through the back streets of Williams in the 1940s.
On this week in 1929, a dedication ceremony officially opened the Grand Canyon Bridge at Marble Canyon.
Santa Fe Workers prepare a float for a parade in Williams circa 1930s. Alfonso G. Martinez, a railway worker, is second from the right. (
An employee works the counter at the Bright Angel Soda Fountain in 1959.
A couple poses with their vehicle following a wreck on Ash Fork Hill circa 1947.
Hallie Daggett, the first female fire lookout with her horse and dog, Eddy.
The Drum Majorette in 1950 was Marjorie McDowell.
On the north side of the Colorado River, between the Black Bridge and the mouth of Bright Angel Canyon, the gravesite of Rees Griffiths can be found by hikers, and many wonder of his story.
The Chimney, Ooo-Ahh Point, Windy Ridge, the Red & Whites, the Tip-Off, the Train Wreck. For those who know and love the Kaibab Trail, the recitation of these names conjures up images that are the stuff of longing, wonder and enchantment.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
- Obituary: Cheri Dianne Faver-Davis
- Mother pleads guilty after Arizona boy starves to death
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon