A benefit rally to help veterans and first responders is returning to Williams May 12-14
Despite a winter with record-breaking snowfall, visitors to Williams continue to pour in as recent sales and BBB tax revenues reveal.
The upcoming opening of the Maverick gas station in Williams is set for March 30. Although specifics are still being confirmed, the establishment aims to celebrate with a grand opening event featuring a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Heavy rain March 14-15 combined with snowmelt from the high country swelled waterways around the region and caused major flooding in the Verde Valley.
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — The Coconino County Public Works Department, in conjunction with the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office and the U.S. Forest Service, has closed the 2.5-mile stretch of Garland Prairie Road between Sycamore Creek to the east and McDougal Flat to the west due to flooding along the roadway.
The Williams City Council convened for their regular meeting March 9. During the public participation portion, a few residents voiced support for a rumored Autocamp partnership with Canyon Coaster Adventure Park.
The Kaibab National Forest will host a community meeting March 29 for Drake Cement's proposed pozzolan exploration project to answer questions about the proposal and the overall environmental analysis process.
The Williams Post Office is embarking on an exciting new chapter with a complete overhaul, starting with a new roof, electrical updates and a fresh coat of paint.
From the fire chief's desk: Feb. 20 - March 5
Community calendar: Week of March 8
The Amanda’s Beauty Box Throwback Prom in Williams brought good tunes, food and prom attire, all while supporting a good cause.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- The winter that won't quit
- Arizona governor Katie Hobbs vetoes bill eliminating tax on rentals
- Williams Police report rash of vehicle burglaries
- City of Williams deals with aftermath of historic winter
- Campers and pets rescued at Dogtown Campground
- Residents discuss rumors of new Autocamp site at City Council meeting
- Obituary: Gabriel James Otero
- Havasupai campground evacuated after destructive floods
- 'Hidden and Revealed:' Black History at Grand Canyon
- Grand Canyon National Park trails, viewing areas closed due to hazardous conditions