Senior spotlight: Mario Salazar
Mario Salazar is a senior at Williams High School. He has attended school in Williams his entire life.
In high school, Mario participated in baseball and basketball. He was also involved in hotel restaurant management, FCCLA and auto.
Mario’s favorite class in high school was hotel restaurant management.
“I like making food. We made steak and asparagus, that was my favorite,” Mario said.
Mario’s favorite teacher at WHS is Mrs. Moreno.
“She’s nice and she helps us with a lot of stuff,” Mario said.
Mario’s favorite high school memory are the sports trips with his friends.
“I liked bonding with my friends on the basketball and baseball trips,” Mario said.
In his downtime, Mario likes playing baseball and hanging out with friends.
“We sit down and watch TV or play videogames,” Mario said.
Outside of school, Mario works at El Comedor.
“I like the grande burrito,” Mario said.
After graduation, Mario plans to work for a year and then attend Yavapai Community College to study business management.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Fritsinger leaves behind a legacy of helping Williams residents
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
Click Below to: