Around the Rim: Week of May 10
Tusayan community gardening class May 10
Tusayan will host its third community gardening class at 5:30 p.m. May 10 at Town Hall. This event is free and open to the community.
Grand Canyon School Board Meeting May 10
The Grand Canyon School Board will meet at 6 p.m. May 10 in the board room. Participants can also attend via Zoom. Instructions for attending the meeting virtually are available by calling the school office at (928) 638-2461.
Shoshone Point Night Hike May 10
The Rec Center will offer a night hike starting at Shoshone Point at 8 p.m. May 10. Dress warm! This event is free and open to the community.
Open Mic Night at the Rec Center May 10
The Rec Center will host Open Mic Night beginning at 6 p.m. This event is free and open to the community.
Tusayan Community Garden Clean-up Day and story time May 12
Tusayan will host a Community Garden Clean-up Day and children’s story time at 10 a.m. May 12 at the Sports Complex. This event is free and open to the community.
Williams shopping and day hike May 13
The Rec Center will offer a trip to Williams for local shopping and hiking. The cost is $16.50 per person. This event is open to the community. Contact the Rec Center at (928) 638-3389 for information or to sign-up.
Mother’s Day brunch and craft May 14
The Rec Center will host a Mother’s Day brunch at 11 a.m. Crafting time will follow. This event is free and open to the community.
Grand Canyon Visitor Center closed Wednesdays and Thursdays
The Grand Canyon Visitor Center will remain closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays until further notice. Restrooms are still available adjacent to the Visitor Center and the Grand Canyon Conservancy bookstore and gift shop will remain open seven days a week.
Grand Canyon and Tusayan community wellness meetings
Bi-monthly community wellness meetings occur the first and third Wednesday of every month from 2:30-3:30 p.m. Grand Canyon community. Meeting Dial-in: 866-564-9784. Participant Passcode: 2065751
Do you have an event or notice you would like to contribute? Send an email to email@example.com.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Newly-discovered Triassic amphibian is the oldest of its kind in Arizona, world
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Fritsinger leaves behind a legacy of helping Williams residents
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
Click Below to: