WHS senior spotlight: Cheznie Rae Carter
Cheznie Rae Carter is a senior at Williams High School. She has attended school in Williams her entire life.
In high school, Cheznie participated in softball, basketball and club softball. She also was involved in varsity sports and hotel restaurant management.
Cheznie’s favorite class in high school was an English class she took at Coconino Community College.
“I think it’s a really cool experience to see how college is,” Cheznie said. “I like writing in general.”
Cheznie’s favorite coaches at WHS are Mr. Echeverria and Mr. Hatch.
“Eche has taught me a lot. Coach Hatch has brought me to where I am now with my leadership on the field,” Cheznie said.
Cheznie’s favorite high school memories are the softball tournaments.
“The Needles tournament is my favorite. Every year, just being with the girls and having a good time is great,” Cheznie said.
In her down time, Cheznie plays softball.
“I usually hit and I’m a catcher, so I’ll work on my throw-downs and blocking,” Cheznie said.
Outside of school, Cheznie has a job house cleaning.
After high school, Cheznie will attend Chandler Gilbert Community College where she has accepted a full ride scholarship for playing softball.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
- Obituary: Cheri Dianne Faver-Davis
- Mother pleads guilty after Arizona boy starves to death
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
Click Below to: