Around the Rim: Week of March 8
Grand Canyon School Board Meeting March 8
The Grand Canyon School Board will meet at 6 p.m. March 8 in the board room. Participants can also attend via Zoom.
Instructions for attending the meeting virtually are available by calling the school office at (928) 638-2461.
Grand Canyon High School job Fair March 8
Grand Canyon High School will host its annual student job from from 8:30-10 a.m. March 8 in the MPS.
Students are encouraged to dress appropriately for interviews and bring their resumes for employers to look over. More information is available by contacting the school office at (928) 638-4421.
Rec Center hosts 90s Karaoke March 9
The Grand Canyon Rec Center will host 90s Karaoke at 6 p.m. March 9. This event is free and open to the community.
Tusayan library services and children’s story time March 10
The town of Tusayan will host community library services, along with children’s story “Elephants Are Not Birds” at Town Hall from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Grand Canyon School Spring Break March 12-17
Grand Canyon School will not be in session March 13-17 for Spring Break. Classes will resume March 20.
Rec Center trip to Sedona St. Patrick’s Day parade March 18
The Grand Canyon Rec Center will offer a trip to Sedona for the annual St. Patrick’s Day parade March 18. Cost for the trip is $26.50. This event is open to the community. Contact the Rec Center at (928) 638-3389 for more information or to sign up.
Muay Thai classes every Tuesday at the Rec Center
Muay Thai classes will be held every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Rec Center. No experience is necessary to attend.
More information is available by calling the Rec Center at (928) 638-3389.
Grand Canyon and Tusayan community wellness meetings
Bi-monthly community wellness meetings occur the first and third Wednesday of every month from 2:30-3:30 p.m. Grand Canyon community. Meeting Dial-in: 866-564-9784. Participant Passcode: 2065751
Do you have an event or notice you would like to contribute? Send an email to email@example.com.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- The winter that won't quit
- Arizona governor Katie Hobbs vetoes bill eliminating tax on rentals
- Williams Police report rash of vehicle burglaries
- City of Williams deals with aftermath of historic winter
- Havasupai campground evacuated after destructive floods
- Campers and pets rescued at Dogtown Campground
- Residents discuss rumors of new Autocamp site at City Council meeting
- Obituary: Gabriel James Otero
- All in the family: Deanna Plasencia is the new owner of the Red Raven
- Grand Canyon National Park trails, viewing areas closed due to hazardous conditions
Click Below to: