Lady Vikings finish regular season first in 1A Canyon with 13-2 record
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — The Williams Lady Vikings are ranked fifth in the 1A Conference after winning their last nine games.
The team is playing in the Super Regionals this week, and head to the 1A State Championships first round Feb. 7.
The Vikings boys have won nine of the last 10 games and are ranked 16th in the 1A Conference with a 12-4 record. Their fate will be determined in the Super Regionals this weekend.
The Ash Fork Spartans posted a 1-2 record last week, and secured a fifth-place finish in the 1A Canyon Region. Their first game in the Super Regional tournament this week is slated for Jan. 31, against Red Mesa onthe road. The winner of that game will face undefeated El Capitan in an away game Feb. 2.
In action last week, Ash Fork started with a 60-38 loss to the Grand Canyon Phantoms and then posted a 52-27 win on the road against Fredonia.
On Jan. 28, they traveled to Williams and took on the second-seeded Vikings. Even with limited services from injured point guard Gabe Zeller, and the absence of Domitillo Ayala, the Spartans started strong, and led early in the first quarter, 10-5. The Vikings regrouped, and with a minute left in the third quarter, had a 28-22 lead.
The fourth quarter belonged to the Vikings as they continued to build on their lead. The final score was 44-28 for the home team Vikings.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
- Obituary: Cheri Dianne Faver-Davis
Click Below to: