Community calendar: Week of Jan. 4
Youth basketball meeting
The Williams Recreation Department is holding a meeting on Jan. 4 at 6 p.m. for those interested in coaching or helping boys and girls basketball. For children interested in playing, forms to sign up are avaliable at the Rec Center.
Holiday Celebration of the Arts at the Gallery in Williams
The Gallery in Williams will be featuring festive and original artwork and handmade crafts perfect for holiday gift-giving from November to January. It is located on the corner of Route 66 and 2nd Street and open daily from 10am to 7pm.
Little League volunteers needed
The 2023 Little League season is scheduled to open for registration Jan. 1, 2023, but before that can happen there are some key volunteer positions needing to be filled. Little League needs umpires, score keepers and cook shack helpers.
Umpires will be reimbursed for their time. Training camps and local training will be provided.
Anyone interested can contact email@example.com for more information.
Winter coats for students
As the weather gets colder WUSD wants to make sure all students have a warm coat to wear.Any child in need of a coat can reach out to Mr. Wollman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 928-635-4428 x 305 WEMS has a large collection of donated new and gently used winter coats.
Williams Senior Center Thrift Shop
The Williams Senior Center Thrift Shop is now open Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon. Regular hours for the shop are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Donations are accepted of good gently used items. The store is locaed inside the Senior Center at 850 West Grant Ave.
Held every Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at 202 W Grant Ave in Williams. For more information, call Shelly at (928) 853-7706.
Williams Writers’ Workshop Wednesdays
Writers of all ages, genres and experience levels are welcome. Workshops are held every Wednesday at 4 p.m. at the Williams Public Library located at 113 South First Street.
Williams City Council meetings
The public is invited to attend Williams City Council meetings on the second and fourth Thursdays each month. Meetings are at City Hall on First Street at 7 p.m. See williamsaz.gov for meeting agendas.
WUSD Governing Board meetings
The public is invited to attend Williams Unified School District Governing Board meetings on second and fourth Wednesdays each month. Meetings are at Williams High School culinary room at 6 p.m. See WUSD2.org for meeting agendas.
To contribute to the community calendar, email email@example.com.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Arizona governor Katie Hobbs vetoes bill eliminating tax on rentals
- The winter that won't quit
- Havasupai campground evacuated after destructive floods
- Residents discuss rumors of new Autocamp site at City Council meeting
- City of Williams deals with aftermath of historic winter
- Williams Police report rash of vehicle burglaries
- Campers and pets rescued at Dogtown Campground
- All in the family: Deanna Plasencia is the new owner of the Red Raven
- Winter rainfall triggers flooding in Williams and Verde Valley
- Grand Canyon National Park trails, viewing areas closed due to hazardous conditions
Click Below to: