Williams Vikings basketball teams advance to 1A state tournament
Lady Vikings vs El Capitan
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — The No. 5 Williams Lady Vikings played multiple games in the Super Regional tournament last week, and played their first game of the 1A State tournament Feb. 7.
The team played El Capitan, St. Michael and Red Mesa in the Super Regionals Jan 30 - Feb. 4. The Vikings beat El Capitan, 71-49, Feb. 1, and then lost to St. Michael, 54-41, Feb. 4. They followed up with a win against Red Mesa, 59-47, that afternoon.
Viking Cadance Orozco scored her 1,000th career point in the game with the Eagles.
Orozco is currently third in the 1A Conference in scoring, averaging 17.6 points per game this season. She is second in the conference with free throws, with 89 this season. She also is second with assists, averaging four per game.
If the Lady Vikings win Feb. 7, they advance to the state quarterfinals and will face the winner of the Dishchii’bikohor and Fort Thomas game Feb. 10.
The Vikings boys moved to 16th in the 1A Conference following a good showing in the Super Regionals. The team now advances to the state tournament.
The Vikings will play in the state first round against No. 1 North Valley Christian Feb. 8 on the road. The winner of that game with face the winner of the Cicero Prep and Flagstaff BASIS game in the quarterfinals Feb. 11.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- Fritsinger leaves behind a legacy of helping Williams residents
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
Click Below to: