Registration for Williams Little League now open after board fills positions
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — Despite a delayed registration due to an initial lack of volunteers, the Williams Little League season is now underway.
The Little League board was successful in filling all board positions required to have a team. After the mandatory positions were filled, registration for all divisions was opened on Jan. 20. Registration will remain open until Feb. 28 at midnight.
“We are encouraged and excited for this upcoming season! Now we are trying to get the word out,” said Williams Little League Information Officer Jenni Rigo. “We have a good start on registered players, but a ways to go.”
Williams, Ash Fork and Parks residents are in boundary for the league. To register, parents can go to williamslittleleague.com.
The next board meeting will be held on Feb. 13 at 6:00 p.m. to vote in coaches. Location is to be decided. The meeting is open to the public.
“We need as many players registered as possible before then and are still looking for volunteers to coach, umpire, team helpers, score keepers and Cook shack workers,” said Rigo.
The league is accepting donations of used baseball and softball gear. Items can be dropped off at Williams Elementary-Middle School or Ash Fork Schools. Anyone in need of gear for the season is encouraged to stop by.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
- Obituary: Cheri Dianne Faver-Davis
Click Below to: