Obituary: Jose “Joe” Haro Lizardi
Jose “Joe” Haro Lizardi, age 87 of Tucson, Arizona passed peacefully at home on Friday, March 3, 2023.
Joe was born in 1935 in Williams, Arizona, to Panfilo Lizardi and Teofila Haro, whom have preceded him in passing. He was also preceeded in death by brothers Carlos, Panfilo, and Robert; sisters Victoria Vargas and Julia Apodaca and daughter Barbara Jean.
Joe was the patriarch of a large and loving family. He is survived by his sister Mary Encinas; his many nieces and nephews and his children Joseph “Joey” Lizardi, John “Johnny” (Lynn) Lizardi, Teresa (Reymundo) Lizardi-Acadiz, Edward “Eddie” Lizardi, Anthony “Tony” Lizardi, Maria (Robert) Lizardi-Davidson and grandchildren Amber, Devin, Robert, Vincent (Delfina), Alexander, Joseph, Lorena, Victoria and Lucas.
Joe was a proud graduate of the University of Arizona as a civil engineer. He began his career in Flagstaff, Arizona and later served the City of Tucson Engineering Department for 18 years before starting his own business – JHL Engineering. He later ventured out to private firms, fulfilling a 33-year career in civil engineering.
In addition, Joe served his country in the Naval Reserves during the 1970’s.
Joe’s memory will be cherished in the hearts of his loving family and will be remembered for his love of his children and grandchildren. He is also remembered for taking pleasure in traveling with his sons on many vacations across the U.S. Likewise, it is fondly recalled, Joe enjoyed golfing and was a super fan of many sports including football, basketball, hockey and baseball. Joe will be dearly missed.
A funeral service for Joe will be held on April 29, with rosary starting at 10:30 a.m. and funeral mass at 11:00 a.m. at St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church, 900 W Grant Ave, Williams, Arizona 86046.
There will be a graveside service at Williams Cemetery from noonto 1:00 p.m., followed by a reception held by the family hosted at the home of Alfred and Janet Vargas, Flagstaff, Arizona.
In lieu of flowers please consider a donation to St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church in Williams, Arizona.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Fritsinger leaves behind a legacy of helping Williams residents
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
Click Below to: