Fiery crash involving car, big rig leaves 4 dead on I-17
SEDONA, Ariz. — Authorities are trying to identify four people who died in a fiery crash involving a passenger car and a tractor-tractor near Sedona.
Arizona Department of Public Safety officials said the crash occurred around 2:15 p.m. Sunday.
They said the driver of the big rig loaded with glass told DPS troopers that the brakes failed and he couldn’t stop when he got off Interstate 17 at the Sedona exit.
According to DPS, the semi-truck then drove through a stop sign and collided with a car, sending both vehicles down an embankment.
DPS said the tractor-trailer landed on top of the car and erupted in flames.
The truck driver was able to escape uninjured, but four people inside the car were trapped and declared dead at the scene, authorities said.
Due to the fire’s intensity, investigators are having a hard time identifying the victims.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- Fritsinger leaves behind a legacy of helping Williams residents
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
Click Below to: