Vikings baseball team warms up at Kingman tournament
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — The Williams Vikings baseball team was able to get out of the snow and enjoy some baseball in Kingman last weekend.
The Vikings played in the Kingman Invitational where the faced Kofa, Lee Williams, River Valley Kingman Academy and Kingman.
The team beat Kingman Academy 7-1 in the first game March 3. They followed that with a 3-3 tie with Kingman later that afternoon.
The following day the lost 2-1 to River Valley, and 11-1 to Lee Williams. The concluded the tournament with a 7-1 loss to Kofa.
The Vikings hit the road again March 8 to face Needles and will have their first home game March 11 against Mogollon at 2 p.m.
The Lady Vikings softball team traveled to Cottonwood at played in the Faith Moore Memorial Tourney Feb. 25-26.
The girls also travel to Needles March 8 and return for their first home game against Red Mesa March 12.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Arizona governor Katie Hobbs vetoes bill eliminating tax on rentals
- The winter that won't quit
- Williams Police report rash of vehicle burglaries
- County considering regulations on short-term rentals
- City of Williams deals with aftermath of historic winter
- Campers and pets rescued at Dogtown Campground
- Obituary: Gabriel James Otero
- Residents discuss rumors of new Autocamp site at City Council meeting
- 'Hidden and Revealed:' Black History at Grand Canyon
- Storm causes multiple road closures across northern Arizona
Click Below to: