Around the Rim: Week of Dec. 28
Rec Center ping pong tournament Dec. 28
The Rec Center will host a ping pong tournement beginning at 6 p.m. Dec. 28. For more information or to register, contact the Rec Center at (928) 638-3389.
Rec Center pool tournament Dec. 29
The Rec Center will host a pool tournement beginning at 6 p.m. Dec. 28. For more information or to register, contact the Rec Center at (928) 638-3389.
Rec Center New Year’s Eve fundraiser party Dec. 31
The Grand Canyon Rec Center will host a New Year’s Eve party to raise funds for the Grand Canyon School eight grade trip to Washington D.C.
The event begins at 9 p.m. at the Best Wester Premier Squire Inn in Tusayan. Cost is $15 for adults and $10 for children. 50/50 raffle tickets are available for purchase at the Rec Center, with 50 percent donated to Grand Canyon School. Participants do not need to be present to win.
Local band Juniper Hill will perform at 9:30 p.m.
Grand Canyon Pride Club meets second Tuesday of each month
The Grand Pride Club meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.in the Rec Center Piano Room. More information is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Narcotics Anonymous is offered at the Grand Canyon Recreation Center in Grand Canyon Village on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. More information is available from Kenny B. at (541) 324-5573.
Grand Canyon and Tusayan community wellness meetings
Bi-monthly community wellness meetings occur the first and third Wednesday of every month from 2:30-3:30 p.m. The public is welcome to provide updates they’d like to share or ask questions or concerns regarding wellness and safety for the Grand Canyon community. Meeting Dial-in: 866-564-9784. Participant Passcode: 2065751
CASA seeks advocates
CASA of Coconino County recruits, trains and supports volunteers to represent the best interests of abused and neglected children in the courtroom and other settings. CASA is currently looking for foster families. Interested parties can contact Felicia Bicknell at email@example.com.
Do you have an event or notice you would like to contribute? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Arizona governor Katie Hobbs vetoes bill eliminating tax on rentals
- The winter that won't quit
- Havasupai campground evacuated after destructive floods
- Residents discuss rumors of new Autocamp site at City Council meeting
- City of Williams deals with aftermath of historic winter
- Williams Police report rash of vehicle burglaries
- Campers and pets rescued at Dogtown Campground
- All in the family: Deanna Plasencia is the new owner of the Red Raven
- Winter rainfall triggers flooding in Williams and Verde Valley
- Grand Canyon National Park trails, viewing areas closed due to hazardous conditions
Click Below to: