Williams Fire issues awards, recognizes recruits at annual Christmas party
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — The Williams Volunteer Fire Department’s annual Christmas party was held Dec. 10 at the American Legion.
Several members were recognized for their dedication and service to the community.
Steve Vanesian was voted firefighter of the year. The department said Vanesian responds to the majority of calls throughout the year. He has also put in extra hours with fire prevention and other department activities.
Don Mackay was recognized for five years of service to the department.
Ian James was recognized for 30 years of service to the department.
Alex Soria, Christina Warnke, Luciana Pearson, Gabriel Bustillos, Linda Mathews and Korey Parez are new volunteers this year.
Williams Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1921. It is an all-volunteer department. The fire department is always seeking volunteer firefighters and administrative assistants. Anyone interested in serving the Williams community, can contact Williams Fire at (928) 635-4451 Ext 227.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Arizona governor Katie Hobbs vetoes bill eliminating tax on rentals
- The winter that won't quit
- Havasupai campground evacuated after destructive floods
- Residents discuss rumors of new Autocamp site at City Council meeting
- City of Williams deals with aftermath of historic winter
- Williams Police report rash of vehicle burglaries
- Campers and pets rescued at Dogtown Campground
- All in the family: Deanna Plasencia is the new owner of the Red Raven
- Winter rainfall triggers flooding in Williams and Verde Valley
- Grand Canyon National Park trails, viewing areas closed due to hazardous conditions
Click Below to: