No injuries reported in Williams west side house fire Dec. 11
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — A house just outside the Williams city limits on West Scenic Loop was consumed by fire Dec. 11.
Williams Volunteer Fire Department (WFD) was dispatched to the call around 1:30 p.m. Williams Fire received mutual aid response from Sherwood Forest Estates Fire Department and High Country Fire Rescue. The Kaibab National Forest Service was on site as well. The fire was fully involved when WFD arrived.
The 17 firefighters on scene were able to extinguish the fire. The home itself was a complete loss and a nearby vehicle was also destroyed.
“It was a tough one for sure,” said Williams Fire Chief Chase Pearson.
No one was home at the time of the fire, although two pets were reported to be inside.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, according to Pearson.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- Fritsinger leaves behind a legacy of helping Williams residents
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
Click Below to: