Leadership spotlight: vegetation program nursery manager Ashton (Ash) Bedford
Ash Bedford has recently returned as the vegetation program nursery manager at Grand Canyon National Park.
He previously worked for the vegetation program, leading nursery activities for seven years from 2008 to 2015.
After leaving the program to earn his master’s degree in geographic information systems (GIS) and remote sensing in 2016, Bedford went to work at the Grand Canyon Monitoring and Research Center (GCMRC). There, he focused on remote sensing analysis and resource mapping in Grand Canyon using the high-resolution multispectral data the agency collects. He worked at GCMRC until September 2022, when he made the decision to return to the park.
Bedford and his wife Mariah have four children and enjoy being part of the Grand Canyon community. “I’m very excited to be back here at Grand Canyon National Park growing plants and helping to promote vegetation resources here,” he said.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
- Obituary: Cheri Dianne Faver-Davis
Click Below to: