Around the Rim: Week of Dec. 14
Tusayan Santa Shack available through Dec. 22 by appointment
The Town of Tusayan will once again host its Santa Shack shopping experience for community members through Dec. 22.
The Santa Shack allows community members of all ages to select gift items for their family and friends from a trailer full of gently-used donations.
The Santa Shack is available by appointment only. For more information or to schedule and appointment, contact Town Hall at (928) 638-9909.
Holiday Karaoke Dec. 14 at Rec Center
The Grand Canyon Rec Center will host holiday karaoke at 6 p.m. Dec. 14. This event is free and open to the community. Visit the link to their website for more activities.
Tusayan Town Council Meeting Dec. 14
The Tusayan Town Council will meet at 3 p.m. Dec. 14 at Town Hall. Those who cannot attend in person may join the meeting via Zoom. Instructions are available on the town’s website.
Please note new council members will be sworn in at this month’s meeting.
Grand Canyon School Band Concert Dec. 15
The Grand Canyon Middle and High School band will perform in concert from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 15 in the high school gym. This event is free and open to the community.
Tusayan Library story time and crafts Dec. 16
The town of Tusayan will host community library services, along with children’s story time and crafts, at Town Hall from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 16.
Please note that weekly services will resume in January.
Phantoms boys and girls basketball Dec. 17 Grand Canyon Phantoms boys and girls basketball teams will take on the Seligman Antelopes Dec. 17 at the high school gym.
The JV girls kick things off at 2:30 p.m., followed by the JV boys at 4 p.m., the varsity girls at 5:30 p.m. and the varsity boys at 7 p.m.
Grand Canyon School K-5 music concert Dec. 19
The Grand Canyon Elementary School music classes will perform in concert from at 2 p.m. Dec. 19 in the high school gym. This event is free and open to the community.
Phantoms boys basketball Dec. 19 Grand Canyon Phantoms boys basketball team will take on the Shonto Prep Grizzlies Dec. 19 at the high school gym.
The JV boys play at 4 p.m. followed by the varsity boys at 5:30 p.m.
Narcotics Anonymous is offered at the Grand Canyon Recreation Center in Grand Canyon Village on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. More information is available from Kenny B. at (541) 324-5573.
Grand Canyon and Tusayan community wellness meetings
Bi-monthly community wellness meetings occur the first and third Wednesday of every month from 2:30-3:30 p.m. The public is welcome to provide updates they’d like to share or ask questions or concerns regarding wellness and safety for the Grand Canyon community. Meeting Dial-in: 866-564-9784. Participant Passcode: 2065751
CASA seeks advocates
CASA of Coconino County recruits, trains and supports volunteers to represent the best interests of abused and neglected children in the courtroom and other settings. CASA is currently looking for foster families. Interested parties can contact Felicia Bicknell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have an event or notice you would like to contribute? Send an email to email@example.com.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
- Obituary: Cheri Dianne Faver-Davis
Click Below to: