Obituary: Nancy Rivest Green
“I am shocked to admit it, but I’ve seemed to have passed to the other side. While I was alive I experienced a good life. I hiked, kayaked, rode bikes, traveled, and had affairs with sexy guys — in books! I got to retire, ahead of many of my friends. I got to marry the man of my dreams. It was wonderful to have him by my side — always.
I was born in Massachusetts, but I didn’t become alive until I lived at the North Rim. You can get anything there…like your fully developed adult character and a husband. And make plans to visit exciting places.”
Nancy transitioned on March 20, 2022 (the 2022 Spring Equinox).
She visited 25 countries around the world. She was the award-winning special education teacher and librarian for the South Rim school and the author of three books.
She is survived by husband Keith, sisters-in-law Nancy Timper, Elaine Green and Robin Brown, brother-in-law Phil Timper, nephew Alex Earl and niece Erin Blaz. Plans are underway for a celebration of her life.
Condolences and memories may be shared with the family at norvelowensmortuary.com.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Arizona governor Katie Hobbs vetoes bill eliminating tax on rentals
- The winter that won't quit
- Williams Police report rash of vehicle burglaries
- County considering regulations on short-term rentals
- City of Williams deals with aftermath of historic winter
- Campers and pets rescued at Dogtown Campground
- Obituary: Gabriel James Otero
- 'Hidden and Revealed:' Black History at Grand Canyon
- Residents discuss rumors of new Autocamp site at City Council meeting
- Storm causes multiple road closures across northern Arizona
Click Below to: