Plan for lane restrictions on I-40 bridges in Flagstaff through Sept. 30
The Arizona Department of Transportation advises drivers who travel Interstate 40 in Flagstaff to plan for possible long delays while ADOT crews continue pavement preservation work requiring lane restrictions and the installation of a temporary concrete barrier.
The following restrictions will occur nightly from 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 10, and ending 6 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 30:
• Country Club Drive Bridge (milepost 201) will be narrowed to one lane in each direction over I-40.
• A 16-foot vehicle-width restriction will be in place.
The following restrictions will occur nightly from 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 15, and ending 6 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 30:
• Walnut Canyon Road Bridge (milepost 205) will be narrowed to one lane with alternating north- and southbound travel over I-40.
• Flaggers will direct traffic through the work zone.
• A 12-foot vehicle-width restriction will be in place.
The speed limit will be reduced to 45 miles per hour in work zones. ADOT advises drivers to slow down and use caution around personnel and equipment while pavement repairs are underway.
For more information, visit the project webpage: azdot.gov/I40WalnutCanyonRd.
Information provided by ADOT