Trusted local news leader for Williams AZ and the Grand Canyon
Thu, Jan. 27

Verde Heritage: The beginning of Cottonwood School

Cottonwood School after the 1913 addition with three daughters of Charles and Ettie (Scott) Willard. Missing shingles on the porch indicate the need for repair. Along with a new roof and remodeled porch, the belfry was enclosed with vent openings, and the building was painted with light or white trim. (Curtis Lindner Collection)

Cottonwood School after the 1913 addition with three daughters of Charles and Ettie (Scott) Willard. Missing shingles on the porch indicate the need for repair. Along with a new roof and remodeled porch, the belfry was enclosed with vent openings, and the building was painted with light or white trim. (Curtis Lindner Collection)

To view this content you must be logged in as a subscriber.
Already have a digital account? Log in here
4 WEEKS
$2.50

UNLIMITED

DIGITAL ACCESS

4 WEEKS

1 YEAR
$22

UNLIMITED

DIGITAL ACCESS

FOR 12 MONTHS

Plans include full website access, e-Edition and exclusive online extras.
Print and Digital combo plans also available.
ALREADY A PRINT SUBSCRIBER?
Williams subscribe logo
Donate Report a Typo Contact