City of Williams happenings week of Dec. 8
The Williams City Council meets Dec. 9 for a regular meeting. Items on the agenda include:
Presentation to honor Williams Police Chief Herman Nixon, who is retiring at the end of this month.
Council will hear its third and final reading of Ordinance No. 985 relating to the regulation of recreational marijuana and setting forth violations, enforcement, and penalties.
Consideration and action of the second reading of Ordinance No. 986 for the Williams Utility Service Boundary Refinement.
The council meets at City Hall at 7:30 p.m.. The meeting is open to the public.
The Williams Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a second public hearing for Phantom Ranch Village Dec. 16 at 7 p.m. The public is invited to attend and speak at the meeting.
The commission will forward their recommendations on the development to the Williams City Council who will hold a public meeting Jan. 16.
Both meetings begin at 7 p.m. at the Williams Council Chambers at City Hall, 113 S. First Street, Williams.
For a run down on the first public meeting, visit www.williamsnews.com/news/2021/nov/23/public-voices-opinions-first-hearing-phantom-ranch/
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
- Obituary: Cheri Dianne Faver-Davis
Click Below to: