Community calendar: week of Nov. 25
Fallen officer wreath ceremony Dec. 4
Williams Police Department is holding its annual fallen officer wreath ceremony at the Williams Cemetery Dec. 4, 11 a.m. The public is welcome to attend. EWPD will be honoring four fallen officers.
Gift boxes for soldiers
Several volunteers are continuing Dorothy Miller's project to distribute Christmas gift boxes to soldiers. Anyone interested in having a box sent to an active servicemember can submit names by contacting Viki at (928)635-1420 or Norma at (928)635-4644.
Senior Center thrift store reopens
The Senior Thrift Store is now open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - noon and 12:30 -2 p.m. Donations are being accepted for resale items only.
WUSD Governing Board meetings
The public is invited to attend Williams Unified School District Governing Board meetings on second and fourth Wednesdays each month. Meetings are at Williams High School culinary room at 6 p.m. See WUSD2.org for meeting agendas.
Christmas Corner and Crafts and Rummage sale Dec. 4-5
A sale will be held at St. John's Episcopal-Lutheran Church Dec. 4-5, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Walker Hall. There will be gift wrapping of any treasures you ﬁ nd from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. both days. Shop for jewelry, Christmas décor, household items, clothing, toys, books, crafts, etc. Find items for gifting and creating the holiday spirit in your home. The church is located at 202 W. Grant Avenue. Masks are required (thank you for helping to keep our elves healthy!).
Veterans and their families are invited to attend meetings to discuss veteran issues and hear guest speakers. Veterans Sake meets every other Wednesday at 9 a.m. at the Parks in the Pines General Store. Free coffee and pastries are provided. More information is available from Monty at Veteran's Sake at (855) 483-8725. Upcoming meetings will take place Dec. 2, Dec. 16 and Dec. 30.
To add your events to the calendar, send an email to email@example.com
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
- Obituary: Cheri Dianne Faver-Davis
Click Below to: