Letter: Prop 417 will keep education affordable
I am writing to encourage people to vote for the Coconino Community College override, Proposition 417. It is not an increase in tax.
Community colleges provide a more affordable higher education. Education assists in upward mobility related to jobs and career opportunities. An affordable higher education for our next generation also assists in enhancing the socioeconomic depth of diversity and a breadth of opportunities for the community.
We want to see our pride — our children — succeed and hopefully exceed what we have done.
Education is the door to that future and Coconino Community College makes it more accessible.
Community colleges also provide a more affordable path toward career enhancement for those already on the job.
Please Vote ‘Yes’ for Proposition 417 supporting the Coconino Community College override.
Coconino County Supervisor
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
- Obituary: Cheri Dianne Faver-Davis
Click Below to: