Letter: Amateur Radio Tech license exam Oct. 27
The last class for the Amateur Radio Technician license for October has been held.
By the time you read this, the Oct. 21 exam has passed and some in the class may already have their license.
You do have another chance to get a license or upgrade your license to General or Extra.
We have arranged for an exam to be held here in Williams at 2 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 27. This will be open to anyone who wants to take the exam for technician or to upgrade their license. The exam will be held at the Williams Fire Department Station #2 at the Rodeo Grounds.
Remember the exam fee is $15 and you must bring picture ID. You can bring you social security number, but it is better if you go to the FCC Universal Licensing system and file for an FCC Registration Number (FRN) and bring that. Getting an FRN is free.
If enough people want to take the exam before the end of the year, we can schedule another exam. There are self-study guides on line and you can order the ARRL Technician License exam book, 3rd edition. If you want more information, email email@example.com.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Arizona governor Katie Hobbs vetoes bill eliminating tax on rentals
- The winter that won't quit
- Havasupai campground evacuated after destructive floods
- Residents discuss rumors of new Autocamp site at City Council meeting
- City of Williams deals with aftermath of historic winter
- Williams Police report rash of vehicle burglaries
- Campers and pets rescued at Dogtown Campground
- All in the family: Deanna Plasencia is the new owner of the Red Raven
- Winter rainfall triggers flooding in Williams and Verde Valley
- Grand Canyon National Park trails, viewing areas closed due to hazardous conditions
Click Below to: