Paving project cuts I-40 to one lane overnight
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) crews have begun repaving a section of Interstate 40 west of Flagstaff between Parks and A-1 Mountain.
The work will take place overnight between the hours of 6 p.m. and 7 a.m. Sundays through Fridays.
Temporary lane restrictions will be required while crews are paving; however, one lane will remain open during the repaving work. Crews will start near Parks at milepost 179 and work east toward Flagstaff. Once the eastbound portion is complete, crews will switch to the westbound portion for the remaining work.
The majority of the I-40 work is expected to be completed later this fall, with final paving touch-ups happening next spring.
Schedules are subject to change based on weather and other unforeseen factors. For real-time highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT’s Traveler Information Site at www.az511.gov, follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except while driving.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- Obituary: Cheri Dianne Faver-Davis
Click Below to: