'Williams is Awesome' series continues with talk about birds
To the editor:
The Williams is Awesome series continues with a talk July 6 in the city council chambers at 3:30 p.m. The first talk covered things to do and places to see on the Kaibab, touching on subjects like hiking, camping, fishing and mountain biking.
Our great outdoor resources were introduced by Forest Service intern Griffin Broehm, who talked about places like Keyhole Sink, the Beale Wagon Road and Laws Spring. Brochures are available in the library for anyone interested.
This Thursday’s talk will be about our local birds. A young cooper’s hawk will be the guest of honor.
We would like everyone to come to the council chambers Thursday at 3:30 p.m. to find out just how awesome Williams is.
Williams Public Library
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Arizona governor Katie Hobbs vetoes bill eliminating tax on rentals
- The winter that won't quit
- Havasupai campground evacuated after destructive floods
- Residents discuss rumors of new Autocamp site at City Council meeting
- City of Williams deals with aftermath of historic winter
- Williams Police report rash of vehicle burglaries
- Campers and pets rescued at Dogtown Campground
- All in the family: Deanna Plasencia is the new owner of the Red Raven
- Winter rainfall triggers flooding in Williams and Verde Valley
- Grand Canyon National Park trails, viewing areas closed due to hazardous conditions
Click Below to: