Williams 911: week of Jan. 25
The Williams Police Department (WPD) answered the following calls for service (among others) —
• Officers turned 3 medical calls over to Lifeline;
• Officers dealt with numerous snow issues;
• Officers responded to a shoplifting call on Grand Canyon Blvd. Nothing was taken;
• Officers took report of an assault at a local hotel;
• Officers responded to intoxicated male lying in snow on 10th St. Officers assisted the man out of the snow, had him checked by ambulance and helped him to his apartment;
• Officers assisted DPS with numerous snow-related issues on I-40;
• Officers assisted DPS with stop of a vehicle wanted in a carjacking;
• Officers responded to an aggravated assault at Safeway. A juvenile was arrested for aggravated assault after assaulting another female with a metal bat;
• Officers responded to domestic dispute on Rodeo Rd. A woman was arrested for two counts of assault per domestic violence;
• Officers investigated reported child abuse;
• Detectives arrested a man at local hotel where he worked for several counts of child molestation and sexual assault of child;
• Officers responded to disturbance at a local hotel. A man was arrested for disorderly conduct and a valid warrant;
• Officers responded to domestic dispute on 10th St. A man was arrested for assault.
• Officers responded to a suspicious vehicle and person on Rodeo Rd. A woman was arrested for a valid warrant;
• Officers responded to burglary in progress on Quarter Horse, once arrived found it was a juvenile male trying to talk to his girlfriend through window screen.
• Officers conducted check welfare on dog on 1st.
Officers responded to two dogs left in trailer at RV park for 4 days without water and food, search warrant served and dogs seized, owner faces neglect and abuse charges.
Anyone with any information is urged to call the WPD at (928) 635-4461. Anonymous tips can be left at any time at (928) 635-5992. Those who want to report a crime while remaining anonymous can also call Silent Witness at (928) 774-6111 or (877) 29-CRIME. Silent Witness offers rewards of as much as $1,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- The winter that won't quit
- Arizona governor Katie Hobbs vetoes bill eliminating tax on rentals
- Williams Police report rash of vehicle burglaries
- City of Williams deals with aftermath of historic winter
- Campers and pets rescued at Dogtown Campground
- Residents discuss rumors of new Autocamp site at City Council meeting
- Obituary: Gabriel James Otero
- Havasupai campground evacuated after destructive floods
- All in the family: Deanna Plasencia is the new owner of the Red Raven
- Grand Canyon National Park trails, viewing areas closed due to hazardous conditions
Click Below to: