Letter to the editor: Happy holidays from Grand Canyon School
To the community:
What a wonderful time of year! The holiday season is upon Grand Canyon School and all its inhabitants — students, teachers, paraprofessionals, office and maintenance staff. The elementary school is donned with garland and wreaths, staff members are sneaking gifts to their Secret Santas, the high school is busy studying for final exams and our youngsters are buzzing with excitement for Santa and parties. And if you haven’t seen the tree in our newly decorated library, it is really quite stunning.
It has been a productive year here with many reasons to celebrate. The elementary just elected their officers for Student Council, our librarian and her team was just awarded a grant from APS for a Maker’s Space and our high school girl’s basketball team won the Route 66 Holiday Classic in Ash Fork with an amazing six wins. Our school music program held their annual holiday concert at the NPS Visitor’s Center where we sang holiday classics all tied to the theme of our beautiful canyon community. We enjoyed the magical music of our middle and high school musicians. These are just some of the excellend achievements of our school.
The Grand Canyon School administration would like to thank all of you for your support and dedication to our school. It is a joy to work with such creative and fun people, and we look forward to making more academic progress in the second semester.
We wish you a happy holiday season and hope you enjoy your time together with friends and family.
Grand Canyon School
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- Fritsinger leaves behind a legacy of helping Williams residents
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
Click Below to: