Letter: Christmas tree a tradition in Williams
I'm writing this letter to thank the high school welding teacher, Steve Schober and the students who made it possible to replace the old star on the Christmas tree on the high school hill.
I was a 42-year resident of Williams and my late husband, Harry Cole, and our family spent many hours redoing the star and strings of lights for the tree. Our thanks too, to APS for the help they gave and to the Lions Club for continuing the tradition.
How many years the town, as well as travelers going through town, have enjoyed the tree? It's hard to say, but when we lived in California and our boys were little, I would wake them up as we went through Williams on our way to Grand Canyon to spend Christmas with my folks, so they could see the tree.
May the tradition last for many more years and be enjoyed by all.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Kaibab Forest seeks public comments on proposed pozzolan exploration
- Williams at sewer capacity; city council to implement building moratorium
- Senators Kelly, Lummis introduce bipartisan bill to remove regulatory obstacles for wildland fire aviation
- Obituary: Eddie Sandoval
- Obituary: Carl Bowdon
- Obituary: Robert “Bob” Ian Baker
- Fritsinger leaves behind a legacy of helping Williams residents
- Obituary: Lorraine Stegmeir
- Obregon City Tacos now serving locals, visitors in downtown Williams
- City of Williams to honor Williams Vikings state champion softball team May 25 with parade, proclamation
Click Below to: