Letter: NFL football players disrespectful to the flag
This is important to all veteran and football fans.
What gives a few players the right to be disrespectful to America when all they have ever done is to stay home and make a lot of money?
Their behavior is disrespectful to all vets and their families, especially during the 9/11 weekend.
In Arizona, a player with a great future gave up everything to defend America and the flag. Unfortunately, he lost his life. I hope all vets and fans boycott any team that allows this behavior. I, as a vet and fan, will never watch another 49ers or Rams game again. I wish the cards could do the same, however, it is time we, as citizens, make our statement. The best we can do is hurt those players’ pocketbooks.
We hear this crap that what we fight for is to give people the right of free expression. I guarantee no man or woman goes to war expecting this behavior.
These players could give up some of their wealth to promote change, of course along with money it would take common sense and intelligence.
After seeing how many players embrace this despicable behavior, I have given up all football and I hope other Americans will make their voices heard.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Arizona governor Katie Hobbs vetoes bill eliminating tax on rentals
- The winter that won't quit
- Williams Police report rash of vehicle burglaries
- County considering regulations on short-term rentals
- City of Williams deals with aftermath of historic winter
- Campers and pets rescued at Dogtown Campground
- Obituary: Gabriel James Otero
- 'Hidden and Revealed:' Black History at Grand Canyon
- Residents discuss rumors of new Autocamp site at City Council meeting
- Storm causes multiple road closures across northern Arizona
Click Below to: