Body found below rim of Grand Canyon
Coconino County Medical Examiner to determine tomorrow if body is that of missing Glendale man
GRAND CANYON, Ariz. - National Park Service personnel located a body Aug. 6 several hundred feet below the rim in the area where missing Glendale, AZ resident Marc Buckhout, 36, was last seen.
Buckhout's family is aware of the discovery. Because of the location and the technical operation required to recover the body, the National Park Service will conduct the recovery mission first thing tomorrow morning. Once the body is recovered, the Park service will turn it over to the Coconino County Medical Examiner for positive identification.
A member of Buckhout's family reported him missing Aug. 2. He was last seen at 4:30 p.m. hiking along the South Rim west of Grandview Point in the vicinity of Highway 64.
The National Park Service in coordination with the Coconino County Medical Examiner is conducting an investigation into the incident.
No additional information is available at this time.
- Driver identified in fatal accident on Perkinsville Road Sept. 19
- Latest Tik Tok challenges causing problems for Williams Unified School District
- Search at Grand Canyon turns up remains of person missing since 2015
- Plane wreckage and human remains found in Grand Canyon National Park
- Pumpkin Patch Train departs Williams starting Oct. 5
- Update: Man missing in Grand Canyon National Park hike found alive
- Receding water levels at Lake Powell reveal missing car and driver
- Man sentenced for attack on camper at Perkinsville
- Column: Lumber prices expected to stay high through 2022
- Elk rut season in Grand Canyon: What you need to know
- Arizona governor Katie Hobbs vetoes bill eliminating tax on rentals
- The winter that won't quit
- Williams Police report rash of vehicle burglaries
- County considering regulations on short-term rentals
- City of Williams deals with aftermath of historic winter
- Campers and pets rescued at Dogtown Campground
- Obituary: Gabriel James Otero
- Residents discuss rumors of new Autocamp site at City Council meeting
- 'Hidden and Revealed:' Black History at Grand Canyon
- Storm causes multiple road closures across northern Arizona
Click Below to: