Trusted local news leader for Williams AZ and the Grand Canyon
Sun, July 25

Bullhead City man leads cops on chase<br>

Another motorist flagged down Williams Police Officer Thomas Brown on I-40 and said he was forced off the road by the pick-up. The suspect then sped by Brown and the driver, “displaying an offensive hand gesture commonly known as “flipping the bird,” the report states.

Quinn pulled over for the officer after about three miles and got out of the truck with his hands raised above his head and walked into the traffic lanes of eastbound I-40. Quinn then walked toward Brown after being told to get out of the roadway. As he approached the officer, he asked to shake Brown’s hand and said, “I love you, I love you George Bush,” the report states.

Quinn apparently went back to his truck to get identification, but instead threw a wad of cash totaling around $14 at the officer before getting back in the truck and driving away.

Brown gave chase as both vehicles reached speeds close to 95 miles per hour. Quinn slowed as if to stop several times, the report states.

“Three times the suspect narrowly missed other vehicles on the freeway, as he would close the distance between him and another vehicle (in the same lane of traffic) then turn suddenly out of that lane to pass them,” Brown wrote in his report. “He would then turn back into the previous lane, cutting off the other vehicle and hit his brakes, creating a situation where the vehicle had no choice but to swerve and brake to avoid the collision.”

Department of Public Safety officers joined the pursuit near the A-1 Mountain exit by deploying spiked strips on the road, puncturing one of Quinn’s tires and causing him to stop.

Officers had to use pepper spray to subdue and arrest Quinn, the report states.

Quinn was apparently traveling to his sister’s home in Flagstaff. Family members in Bullhead City attempted to file a missing-person report there when he didn’t show up at his destination, the report states.

He was booked into the Coconino County Jail in Flagstaff where he refused to provide a blood or urine sample. He was being held on a $10,000 bond Monday.

Donate Report a Typo Contact