St. John's Episcopal-Lutheran congregations are holding their annual Strove Tuesday pancake supper at Walker Hall, on the corner of Second Street and Grant Avenue.
The supper starts at 5:30 p.m. and run until 7:30 p.m. The price is $3.75 for adults and $2 for children under 10 years of age.
This includes all you can eat pancakes, sausage, coffee, milk and juice.
Proceeds benefit improvements to the church building.
On Feb. 28 soup supper is at 6 p.m. and Ash Wednesday services are at 7 p.m. Every Tuesday thereafter, starting with March 6 and running through April 3, soup supper will be at 6:30 p.m. and Lenten services are at 7:30 p.m.
Methodist start soup/bread lunches
The soup/bread luncheons began Feb. 18 and will continue through Lent. Each week a parenting video will be shown and discussed. Everyone is invited.
Weekly events include:
• Monday, Wednesday and Friday — exercise class at 5:30 p.m.
• Monday — Tai Chi at 7 p.m.
• Tuesday — Not-Sew-Perfect Quilters at 1-3 p.m. and Joys and Concerns at 7 p.m.
• Wednesday — Gathering at 9:30 a.m. and Ladies Aid at 7 p.m.
• Thursday — Hand bell/chimes practice is at 6 p.m.
• Sunday — worship at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., children's choir at 8:45 a.m., Sunday school at 9:15 a.m., child care at 10:15 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. fellowship, soup/bread luncheon and parenting videos.
Teachers' meeting at St. Joseph today
A short teachers' meeting is scheduled for immediately following classes today at St. Joseph Church.
The schedule for Ash Wednesday includes regular class from 4-5 p.m., dinner from 5-6 p.m. and Mass attendance with parents at 6 p.m.
Bill Calhoun meets with the students in seventh grade and higher in the Hall each Sunday from 9-10 a.m.
The next coffee social is Feb. 25, immediately following 10 a.m. Mass.
Remember bingo each Friday night starting at 6:45 p.m. Regular games start at 7 p.m.
Click Below to: