Members of the Community United Methodist Church would like to thank Tony Torrez and his wife, Maryellen, for being the guest preachers Sunday.
There is no handbell practice due to the middle school band concert.
The annual mother/daughter banquet will be Saturday at 6 p.m. This year the theme is "Teddy Bear Picnic." Tickets are on sale for $5 an adult and $2.50 for children aged 3-12. All ladies are welcome and asked to bring their own teddy bear.
Contact Lois Good for tickets at 635-4137.
Weekly events include:
• Monday, Wednesday and Friday — exercise class at 5:30 p.m.
• Monday — Tai Chi at 7 p.m.
• Tuesday — Not-Sew-Perfect Quilters at 1-3 p.m., Joys and Concern group at the Davis' at 7 p.m.
• Wednesday — Gathering at 9:30 a.m. in the overflow room.
• Saturday — Mother/daughter banquet at 6 p.m. in the social hall.
• Sunday — worship at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., children's choir at 8:45 a.m., Sunday school at 9:15 a.m., child care at 10:15 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. fellowship.
First Baptist Church holds clean-up day
Tonight First Baptist is holding Bible study, prayer and TeamKid at 6:30 p.m.
This week’s events include:
• Saturday is the Grand Canyon Boulevard clean-up at 9 a.m.
• Sunday-Wednesday is the Spring Revival with Mike Gilbert, with meeting beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Upcoming events include:
• May 5 is a Cinco de Mayo block party from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. The event will include games, food and fun for everyone.
Regular events at First Baptist include Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. followed by Worship Service at 10:45 a.m. Sunday evening worship begins at 6:30 p.m. Outreach is held every Monday at 7 p.m. Middle School Youth meets Thursday nights at 6:30 p.m. High School Youth meets Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. Ladies’ Bible Study is at 7 p.m. on Monday nights at the church and at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday mornings at the home of Lee Magness. Prayer meeting and TeamKid begin at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. For more information on any event, please call the church office at 635-4692.
Teacher's meeting tonight for St. Joe's
A teacher's meeting is scheduled for tonight (April 25), immediately following classes.
The next and last coffee social is set for Sunday, immediately following 10 a.m. Mass.
Students are asked to bring baked goods to share with the parishioners.
The 2001 Catholic Home Missions Appeal "Strengthening the Church at Home" is next weekend. St. Joseph participates to provide poor communities the opportunity to offer Mass, sacrements and religious education to their parishioners.
Remember bingo each Friday night starting at 6:45 p.m. Regular games start at 7 p.m.
Click Below to: