Consent to Terms
The contents of The Williams-Grand Canyon News Web site are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
The Williams-Grand Canyon News Web sites contain material and content derived in whole or in part from the newspaper and various other sources. The Service and its contents and technology are protected under intellectual property rights, such as copyright and trademark. You may not modify, copy, sell, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, broadcast, distribute or otherwise use in any way any content, material, information, services, software or code displayed on, transmitted through or used in connection with the Service, without the prior written consent of The Williams-Grand Canyon News. You may download material from the Service for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact call copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices. [Specific restrictions on use of Associated Press (“AP”) material: AP text, photo, graphic, audio, and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. AP will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions therefrom, or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the above.]
The Williams-Grand Canyon News is a service mark of Williams GC Newspapers, Inc. All rights reserved. You may not use any GCNI service marks, logos or graphics without our prior written consent.
The Williams-Grand Canyon News does not allow framing of its Web sites.
Links to our Web Sites
The Williams-Grand Canyon News is an organization committed to the highest journalistic ethics and standards and to independent journalism. Therefore, linking should not (a) suggest that The Williams-Grand Canyon News promotes or endorses any person’s or entity’s causes, ideas, Web sites, political campaign, products or services, or (b) use our content for any commercial purpose. The Williams-Grand Canyon News requires prior written approval for linking to its site(s). We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Williams-Grand Canyon News has provided links to Internet sites maintained by third parties, over which the Williams-Grand Canyon News has no control. We do not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and the Williams-Grand Canyon News is not responsible or liable for the content, operators, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites. The Williams-Grand Canyon News shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on or through such sites.
Fees and Payments
The Williams-Grand Canyon News reserves the right at any time to charge fees for access to portions of the Service or the Service as a whole. However, in no event will you be charged for access to the Service unless we obtain your prior agreement to pay such charges. Thus, if at any time The Daily Williams-Grand Canyon News requires a fees for portions of the Service that are now free, The Williams-Grand Canyon News will give you advance notice of such fees and the opportunity to cancel the account before such charges are imposed. All fees and charges shall be billed to and paid by you. You shall pay all applicable taxes relating to use of the Service through your account. Refunds are available on a case by case basis upon request.
Use of the Service
If you use the Service, including the Messages Boards or Blogs, or submit essays, e-mail messages or other information, you agree to abide by and be bound by the following:
- You agree not to impersonate (for example, by using another person’s name or email address on The Williams-Grand Canyon News site) any other person or entity including but not limited to any Williams GC Newspapers, Inc. official or employee.
- You may only post, upload, or transmit materials for which you have the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties, including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, moral, or proprietary rights, or fiduciary rights, e.g. confidential information or trade secrets. You promise and represent that any posted, uploaded, or transmitted materials will be owned by you or in the public domain. No music and graphics shall be uploaded to Message Boards and Blogs or other parts of the Service.
- The Service can be used only for non-commercial purposes. You cannot distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for, or endorsement of, goods and services.
- You may not post, upload or transmit any software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful code or device. You may not use the Service to distribute chain letters, impersonate others, solicit for criminal activities, distribute mass mailings or "spam" or to gather e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending "spam" to other users of the Service.
- You hereby grant The Williams-Grand Canyon News a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, sublicense, modify, transmit, publicly perform or display in all media, whether or not now known, any material posted, uploaded, or transmitted by you on the Service.
- Persons younger than eighteen (18) MUST obtain parental permission before registering to use the Message Boards and Blogs. Children under the age of thirteen (13) are not eligible to participate in the discussions or provide any information to the Message Boards and Blogs or otherwise to The Williams-Grand Canyon News.
- You are solely responsible for any and all content posted, uploaded, or transmitted using your account. Generally, The Williams-Grand Canyon News does not review all content on the Message Boards and Blogs. You agree that WNI is not responsible or liable for any materials posted, uploaded, or transmitted on the Message Boards and Blogs or through the Service. However, you agree that the newspaper has the right (but not the obligation) to delete, edit or move any material that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Rules of the Message Boards and Blogs or which it otherwise, in its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable or contrary to company policy.
- You understand and agree that The Williams-Grand Canyon News, Williams GC Newspapers, Inc. or its parent company, Western News&Info, Inc., is not responsible for any content posted on the Web site by third parties.
THE GRAND CANYON NEWS, WILLIAMS GC NEWSPAPERS INC. AND WESTERN NEWS&INFO, INC. DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, LIMITED, GENERAL, OR OTHER. WNI’S SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS.
WNI DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOR DOES WNI MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, PRODUCTS, OPINIONS, OR STATEMENTS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THROUGH LINKS ON THE SERVICE. USE OF THIS SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN NO EVENT WILL WNI, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE.
WNI respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, provide the following information in writing to WNI's Copyright Agent:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- a description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- your contact information such as address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
The Service is controlled and operated within the United States. If you access the Service from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including U.S. export laws and regulations.
Williamsnews.com & grandcanyonnews.com provide headline feeds free of charge for personal, non-commercial use. If an RSS feed is posted on a personal web site, it must be limited to displaying only the headline and a sentence of introduction (brief), and must provide attribution to our web site along with a clickable link to the full story on our site. Williamsnews.com & grandcanyonnews.com reserve the right to require that you cease distributing these feeds at any time for any reason.
To access certain features of the site a username and password may be required through the sites registration process. WNI will not be responsible or held liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect the confidentiality of your username and password. If any unauthorized activity occurs under your username and password you agree to contact WNI immediately.
Please check your ad the first day. Report any errors immediately. Credit can/may be given for only one incorrect insertion. When you submit a classified advertisement you agree as it appears on the Site and becomes property of WNI and does not commit WNI to publish the advertisement. WNI reserves the right to edit, reclassify, revise, reject or cancel any advertisement any time, in our sole discretion, Rates are subject to change.
WNI does not, and will not knowingly accept any advertisement that may be misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, unlawful, is immorally suggestive or in bad taste. Any advertising, which tends to destroy the confidence of our readers, is unacceptable.
Real Estate Advertisements; Equal Housing Opportunity
WNI will not accept any advertisement which, will irritate the sensibilities of, or will result in harm or insult to, any segment of our readers. Any advertising that casts unfavorable reflection, directly or indirectly upon any individual, group, race, creed, religion, sex, color, handicap, familial status, or national origin