A multi-vehicle crash blocked the roadway on westbound Interstate 40 at milepost 178 near Parks this morning, May 23.
Effective immediately, the National Park Service (NPS) is initiating water conservation measures on the North Rim
Williams and Tusayan Ranger District offices of the Kaibab National Forest will offer limited public services May 30 – 31
ADOT officials say there will be no highway closures over the upcoming Memorial Day weekend.
Kaibab National Forest Campground Programs kick off over Memorial Day weekend.
Significant snow is in the forecast for the higher elevations of Northern Arizona, according to the National Weather Service.
Governor Doug Ducey has ordered flags at all state buildings be lowered to half-staff from sunrise to sunset on May 23, to honor Phoenix Firefighter Brian Beck Jr.
The Williams Police Department (WPD) answered the following calls for service (among others) — • Officers conducted citizen assist at local RV Park; • Officers responded to 911 hang up on Grand Canyon Boulevard;
Flagstaff-based JKC Inc. General Contractor has established a $1,000 scholarship at Coconino Community College for students wanting a career in the construction trades.
No charges are expected after a 16-year-old Boy Scout died while on a troop hiking trip in the Arizona desert, authorities said May 3.
The Arizona Game and Fish Department is accepting applications for $75,000 in annual grant funding for local sportsmen’s organizations.
A proposed effort to restore a wide swath of national forest land in southern New Mexico over the next decade or two is drawing fire from environmentalists who say the U.S. government needs to do more to determine the effects on endangered species and the land.
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — Deep in the West, under a secret rock in a cool stream, lies a prize worth finding. Anglers of all skill levels are invited to participate in the Western Native Trout Challenge and put the lure of the West on their bucket list.
PRESCOTT, Ariz. —All Yavapai County residents completing their high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) in 2019 can earn a degree from Yavapai College for free if they complete the degree by July 29, 2021.
The Historic Yellow House in downtown Williams will host its popular Garden Sale & Home Tour event May 25 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Because of the potential severity of the fire, mutual aid was requested from Camp Navajo Fire Department.
International Kadampa Retreat Center Grand Canyon is on schedule to open a temple in September.
Williams Volunteer Fire Department (WFD) responded to 11 calls in April.
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities in Arizona say a man who died in January while in custody at the Coconino County jail in Flagstaff suffered from pneumonia caused by strep throat.
Application period open through June 7
The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) is now accepting applications for wildlife manager positions.
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — With 17 years of practicing law in Arizona, Adam Zickerman is bringing his varied experience to Williams as the new magistrate judge at the Williams Municipal Court.
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — With warm weather returning, the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is resuming projects to repair and preserve the surfaces of state highways in Arizona’s high country.
WILLIAMS, Ariz. — Dozens of residents with concerns about a proposed residential development near the Highland Meadows subdivision came to a Williams Planning and Zoning Commission meeting in Williams May 16.
AZGFD is accepting online applications for 2019 hunt permit-tags issued through the draw process for deer, fall turkey, fall javelina, bighorn sheep, fall bison and sandhill crane.
The Williams Police Department (WPD) answered the following calls for service (among others) from May 2-6 — • Officers responded to suspicious activity on Railroad Avenue; • Officers assisted Fire Department by checking log at local hotel whose fire alarm is malfunctioning;
- 3-5 inches of snow expected for Williams
- Biz Beat: Little Chicken Spot turns up the heat in Williams
- Obituary: Salvador R. Martinez
- Gas pump skimming suspects indicted by grand jury
- Obituary: Jonathan Richard (JR) Magness
- Obituary: Edith Lillie Pouquette
- Run for the Wall ride returns to Williams May 15
- New golf course development heard by P&Z
- Viking Stephen Gary signs letter of intent to play basketball at St. Benedictine
- Obituary: Mary K. Hoover
- Armed and dangerous man last seen near Ash Fork sought by law enforcement
- Malzahn to face murder charges in Coconino County for Gorospe homicide
- Guest Column: We all have a role to play in ending child abuse; what will be yours?
- Parks man fatally shot during altercation with Coconino County Sheriff Deputies
- Deputies still seeking armed, dangerous felon
- Update: Missing man located near Williams
- Residents unharmed after fire destroys home May 3
- More apartments coming to historic yellow school in Williams
- Route 66 Fun Run from Seligman to Toprock returns May 3-5
- Bill Williams Mountain Men make annual 200-mile horseback ride