PHOENIX – Governor Doug Ducey has ordered flags at all state buildings be lowered to half-staff from sunrise to sunset on May 23, to honor Phoenix Firefighter Brian Beck Jr.
On Sunday, May 19, Firefighter Beck passed away after battling occupational-related cancer. Beck, a third-generation firefighter, served at the Phoenix Fire Department for eight years.
“Arizona is saddened by the loss of Firefighter Brian Beck Jr. and our prayers are with his family, friends and colleagues during this difficult time,” Ducey said. “Brian was a dedicated member of the Phoenix Fire Department and lived a life of honor while serving and protecting Arizonans. In honor of Firefighter Beck’s life and service, I’ve ordered flags at all state buildings be lowered to half-staff.”
More like this story
- Flags half-staff today in honor of fallen Goodyear firefighter
- Ducey orders flags at half-staff in honor of 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots
- Never Forget: Arizona remembers victims off September 11, 2001
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey rolls out school safety package
- Arizona awarded $90 million federal grant for I-17 expansion