In response to the article in the newspaper, ‘Coyote — Nuisance or Necessary’ and in response to teaching kids blood sport.
The ranchers in southern Arizona have shot, poisoned and trapped coyotes. They have chased them by airplanes, trucks, dune buggies and horseback. They have killed more coyotes than all of the contests ever held. And Mr. and Mrs. Coyote have won every time, hands down — despite their losses. This game goes on also in the city of Los Angeles, California. They have been fighting coyotes for as long as I can remember and I’m 78 years old. When I was younger, I, too, was in the 4-H. As were my daughters — we shot coyotes then. And, I still do — when I get the chance. Get over it, lady.
More like this story
- Animal rights groups, Arizona hunters at odds over wildlife hunting contests
- I’ve been spoiled in past<br>by favorite sports teams
- Young newscasters, reporters make WHS Viking News
- First-ever hockey game included<br>Flying Elvi, howling and foam claw
- Ah yes, it was fun time<br>being student reporter