Photo by Wendy Howell.
Maine Consolidated School in Parks, Arizona hosted its annual spelling bee Jan. 24.
Representatives from each grade competed for three spots that will advance to the Coconino County Spelling Bee Feb. 10.
Seventh grader Kylie Golson took first place, winning with the spelling of the word “administration.”
Rowdy Weatherhead placed second and Brandalyn McMenamin and Gage Betts tied for third.
Click photo gallery below for more photos
Maine Consolidated School Spelling Bee
More like this story
- Super Spellers: Williams school hosts annual spelling bee
- Spelling showdown: Rushing and Christiansen advance to County Spelling Bee
- Williams fourth-grader places at Coconino Spelling Bee
- Parks, Ash Fork and Williams compete at first middle school basketball games
- Parks, Ash Fork and Williams face-off at middle school tourneys