A group of people in front of the Catholic Church in Williams. The women appear to be in nurses uniforms and are holding a Red Cross banner. This building no longer exists. Photo circa 1920s.
This collection of photographs depicting the early days of Williams is a collaboration between the Williams Public Library and the Kaibab National Forest. It features photos of local ranching, logging, railroad activity, people and places of Williams. View more photos at http://azmemory.azlibrary.gov/cdm/landingpage/collection/wplphoto.
More like this story
- Out of the past: 1930s sunbathers at Elephant Rocks
- Out of the past: Williams' World Famous Sultana Bar
- History in the making: Volunteers work to bring Williams archives to the public
- Preserving Williams history one photo at a time
- Williams author recounts stories of other worldy encounters in the modern world in new book entitled 'Angels and Miracles'