Photo by Wendy Howell.
At approximately 10 a.m. Nov. 28, Williams Police Department and Coconino County Sheriff’s deputies responded to an incident on First Street. Officers evacuated the Williams Post Office, Allstate and some of the surrounding buildings. Officers were seen with rifles and tactical gear positioned between the Allstate and former Sun Mountain Properties buildings. Officers blocked off part of First Street with police cars and fire trucks. Williams Fire Department and Lifeline Ambulance were on scene. At approximately 10:30 a.m. shots were heard coming from the vicinity. Williams Police Officers said the scene was secure shortly before 11 a.m. The post office reopened around 11:30 a.m. The investigation is ongoing and officers said further details will be forthcoming. A more detailed story will follow.
More like this story
- Parks man fatally shot during altercation with Coconino County Sheriff Deputies
- In the line of fire: Man shoots at Williams police, suspect in custody
- Standoff suspect in custody following self-inflicted gunshot wound
- CCSO investigates shots-fired incident in Parks
- Injured climber rescued at Sycamore Canyon