The Chef: Jeff Pruett, Jeff's Place at Goldie's
What's Cooking: breakfast all day, steaks, chicken, burgers
What is your most popular dish?
It would probably be the Audie Omelet. That sells very well. It's named after a gentleman here from Williams. Audie Eckel. He came in one morning and said 'throw this together for me' and I did. It has green chili, onions, mushrooms, spinach, ham and sausage.
What do you recommend besides that?
Biscuits and gravy. It's very good. Very good. Nice sized biscuit with homemade gravy.
What do you recommend for dessert?
Cheesecake. We have sweet potato-maple cheesecake and ultimate chocolate, which is very good. Very rich. It's delicious.
What is your favorite part of the job?
The people who I meet. From locals to the tourists. I usually can get out and talk to the people. I like that.
What is your background?
I've been in the restaurant business since I was 13 years old. I like doing it. I've had this place for about five years now. You have to get uptown.
What is the weirdest request you've gotten recently?
I don't think anything is weird. If you want it, I'll throw it together.
More like this story
- Look who's cooking in Williams: Anna's Grand Canyon Coffee & Cafe
- Look who's cooking in Williams: Wild West Junction
- Look who's cooking in Williams: Twister's 50s Soda Fountain
- Look who's cooking in Williams: South Rims Wine and Beer Garage
- Look who's cooking in Williams: The Station 66 Italian Bistro