FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. - In an effort to help area college students further their education at Coconino Community College, the Coconino County Community Services Department partnered with CCC to provide financial assistance for residents wishing to continue their education.
Under the Coconino $ave2Learn Individual Development Account (IDA) Program, participants seeking a post-secondary degree with CCC will have $3 in grant funding matched for every $1 the student saves toward furthering their college education. Students can save up to $1,000, which will be matched by up to $3,000 in grant funding.
Upon completion of the savings program and with the combined funds, students will have up to $4,000, which can be used toward tuition and books at CCC.
Eligibility is based on several things, including but not limited to being a Coconino County resident, 16 years old, a job or be on work-study, a valid Social Security number or federal tax ID number, proof of income and an annual income between $4,000 and $23,340.
Applicants seeking information about the program should contact County Community Services staffer Landon Earls by phone at 928-679-7466 or e-mail at email@example.com or visit www.coconino.edu/types-of-aid/individual-development-account.
More like this story
- College Goal Sunday helps students with financial aid questions
- Coconino Community College hosts Career and Tech Round-up Oct. 7 in Flagstaff
- Coconino Community College seeks financial help through budget override
- CCC presents workshop to help make college more affordable
- Coconino Community College to discuss financial plan, ask for public comments at community open house events May 1-2