AAED Spring Conference to Focus on Setting Arizona’s Trajectory
- When: Wednesday, May 2, 2018, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Hilton El Conquistador
- Cost: $395 - $525
- Website: Visit
- Age limit: All ages
- Categories: Lectures
The Arizona Association for Economic Development (AAED) will host its annual Spring Conference, May 2-4 at the Hilton El Conquistador in Oro Valley. The conference focus will be: “The Future is Now – Setting Arizona’s Trajectory.”
Oro Valley Mayor Satish Hiremath will provide welcoming remarks and Dr. Robert C. Robbins, president of The University of Arizona, will share his vision for the university and its strategic direction.
Other speakers and sessions scheduled for the conference are:
• Arthur C. (Chris) Nelson, FAICP, professor of urban planning and real estate development at The University of Arizona, “We Are Under-Demolished and Over-Parked,”
• Von Washington, executive director of community relations for the Kalamazoo (Mich.) Promise, “One Community’s Promise for Education: The Kalamazoo Project,” and
• Shane C. Burgess, dean, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, University of Arizona, “Healthcare: Impact on our Future Development.”
The programming will also include panel discussions featuring economic development leaders on topics such as: “Smart Cities: The Future of Transportation,” Building Tomorrow’s Workforce,” “Lessons Learned: Navigating Future Success,” and “Shaping Our Future.”
In addition to educational programming, the conference will feature AAED’s annual EDDE Awards banquet recognizing Arizona’s top economic developers and Economic Development Academy of Arizona’s graduation ceremonies.
Early registration cost for the conference for members is $395 and: $525 for non-members. The registration fee does not include accommodations.